1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell s2209w monitor will not come out of energy save mode

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Darkmans_skin, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Darkmans_skin

Darkmans_skin Thread Starter

I have a Dell 530s desk top that i bought in 2009. My monitor( Dell S2209W) will not come out of energy save mode.I can here the computer working in the back ground. Here is a list of things that I have tried to do. I have checked all of the connections and I have unplugged the power cord. I have replace the video cord with a known working one. I have plugged the monitor to another computer and it works fine. I left it unplugged for a few days. I am unable to get in to the BIOS. I have replaced the CMOS. I have unplugged the power cord and held the power button down. I don't think it is not Vid Card because I am not getting any "beep codes". I have also tried sweet talking it and that did not work. I moved around the RAM. I remove the hard drives and and still nothing. I an running Vista OS , 500GB and 250 SATA Hard Drive. I have looked all over the internet and nothing that i saw online worked. I called Dell and the did not help.

2. TekTime

TekTime

Have you tried hooking up a different-working monitor to the computer? That will let you know if it's the computer or not.

3. cargodick10

cargodick10

I have hooked another monitor to my dell desktop and it works right...what's next?
    Dick

4. TekTime

TekTime

Ok. So next - if you can, try hooking up your current monitor to another computer.
    My guess is that the monitor is bad, if it does the same on another computer then the monitor is definitely the issue.

Also check the integrity of the monitor's Power and VGA cables, as a "Bad Monitor" could actually be nothing more than the cable(s) needing replacing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/931358

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice