1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Studio 1425 "plugged in, not charging"

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by dcolson, Aug 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dcolson

dcolson Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 350 @ 2.27GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 6004 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 540v , 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 461899 MB, Free - 373607 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0VF0FR, A04, .6L454K1.CN7524108D0051.
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Yesterday I had a Dell service onsite service technician come to my house to work on my computer. He replaced my palm rest, keyboard, touchpad and mousebuttons, and my WLAN card (had a V key missing, left mouse button was not working, and was having issues with high-bandwidth internet connectivity). Since he replaced these, my computer has stopped being able to charge. Unfortunately I did not notice this until after he left. My first question is, would Dell be willing to help me with this issue? My warranty expired August 23rd and I opened the previous warranty service before it expired.

So far I have flashed my bios, deleted and redownloaded the driver for the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery in the Device Manager, shut off my computer without the battery and wiggled the charging jack to check whether it was a connection issue, and I have used an identical charger to the one I have. None of these have caused any change.

Any help would truly be appreciated. Thanks so much.

Dan

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    More than likely the laptop battery will have to be replaced.you can get an exact replacement from dell but i doubt any warranty will cover it.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If something the technician did (obviously by accident--maybe by leaving something disconnected) caused the battery to not charge then Dell should fix it as part of the original fix. You'll need to call the technician (if possible) or Dell.

4. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    I agree if something wasnt fixed properly not on purpose mind you then dell should of course make it right. if the battery just failed as a bad coincidence then i think replacing it wont be covered by any warranty.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1014677

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice