1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Studio 1555 cannot charge battery

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aorgan1, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aorgan1

aorgan1 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 4060 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 290205 MB, Free - 194948 MB; D: Total - 14999 MB, Free - 5452 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0C234M
    Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

Hi,

If anyone could shed some light on what may be wrong I'd really appreciate it.

When I start my computer I get an error message stating that my battery is unable to charge and the AC adapter type is not recognised.

I have read about this being a problem with Bios and have tried the CMD-->"cd desktop"--> "1555_A16.exe/ forceit" that is spoken about in forums to no avail.

Wondering if there is a problem with the battery as I bought a new charger and that hasn't changed the situation either.

If you need further info to help me out, please message me back.

Thanks in advance,

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The most current BIOS update for the Dell Studio 1555 laptop is A13 (R301502.exe)

That BIOS update and the previous BIOS updates doesn't address any issues with the battery/charger.

Where are you getting the file name 1555_A16.exe from?

-------------------------------------------------------

Are you using the Dell charger that came with that laptop or are you using a generic charger?

-------------------------------------------------------

3. aorgan1

aorgan1 Thread Starter

Hi flavallee
    I'm sorry that was a typo, it was A13 as you state. Mine hasn't updated due to the charger error. It is currently A07.

It is a generic charger but I have used them before and the problem started with a different generic charger which I had used for a couple of years with no problems.

Thanks for your reply

4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    It's my guess you need to replace the generic charger for that laptop.

If that laptop still has the original battery, it probably needs to be replaced too.

This battery/charger bundle may work for you.

---------------------------------------------------------

5. aorgan1

aorgan1 Thread Starter

Please could you explain why as I have used a generic charger for years and the problem started with a different generic charger.

Thanks for all your help

6. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    It's my guess the voltage and amperage and output of that generic adapter isn't the same as the previous generic adapter and isn't allowing the battery to be charged and the adapter to be recognized.

If you still have the original Dell adapter, the correct specs will be listed on it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

7. aorgan1

aorgan1 Thread Starter

The problem began suddenly with the previous generic charger though. If it was the charger surely the problem would have only begun with the new generic charger.

Thanks again

8. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

---------------------------------------------------------

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1116502

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice