1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Studio 1555 keeps switching off!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by thekid786, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thekid786

thekid786 Thread Starter

Hey guys, I've recently encountered a problem where when I try and switch my computer on, at the power button, it turns on for a few seconds then makes a little noise and turns off. Sometimes it doesn't switch off but it either says "Launch start Repair" or "Go to safe mode or start Windows normally."
    Dell Studio 1555-7380
    Windows 7

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO SUE

Im going to guess a bad power supply problem or a bad a/c adapter of some sort to start with.The only other thing could be a problem with the motherboard.

3. thekid786

thekid786 Thread Starter

What do you mean, the motherboard?

4. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO SUE

The motherboard is whats needed so that a computer runs properly.Without a working motherboard you have nothing.Thats the most important part in a computer.Since according to your level of experience you arent knowledgable about computers you might want to take it somewhere and have it looked at and see what the problem is and go from there.For a computer to work correctly it needs a good power supply, harddrive, motherboard, and ram.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1061392