1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Studio 1747 Fan

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mandrageran, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mandrageran

Mandrageran Thread Starter

Hi,

Is there anyway to speed up the fan on this system? I've only had it for a couple of months, but I've been using it a lot, and have noticed it getting warmer.

Thanks.

2. mel8again

mel8again

3. Mandrageran

Tyvm! :d

4. mel8again

mel8again

Your welcome. Please come back and let us know how you made out.

5. Mandrageran

Well, I've downloaded it successfully, but it looks complicated. The software author has allowed some users to post effective settings for their systems in his forums, but there is no Studio 1747 listed. Any tips on how to set this up?

6. Mandrageran

[​IMG]It's showing all of my cores at 133-140 degrees (farenheit). That seems hot to me?

7. Mandrageran

The temperatures are now ranging from 140-150 degrees (f). This seems really bad to me. Can anyone help please?

8. mel8again

mel8again

Mine is running around 49 celcius. Your image does not work. If you go to the help and how to file that was installed with the program you will see a link on the right side "How to configure speed fan". Put speedfan help on one side and your speedfan on the other and follow the examples given there.

I just took a half hour flight on my flight sim. My fan on the cpu was 2412 and temp of 49. During the flight my fan got up to 2909 and a temp of 67. My graphics card runs around 48 in the summer and it got up to 63 but I control it separately with another program.

9. Mandrageran

I see. That relieves me a bit regarding the temperature. The setup is a problem though. The fans don't show up. I've read everything. Reinstalled, etc. No luck.

10. mel8again

mel8again

Maybe the program is not suitable for laptops. You can use a chillpad under it.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/945241