1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Studio 1749 battery not charging/adapter error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NuggetandSkull, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NuggetandSkull

NuggetandSkull Thread Starter

The other day my battery decided to go 50/50 on me. Half of the time it works, albeit charges insanely slowly, or it acts as if it's at a 0% charge and puts my laptop into sleep mode. To top this off, my wall charger doesn't seem to register with the laptop as plugged in anymore. It has a small light ring to show when it is plugged up or not, and it seems that the laptop won't charge even when it shows it is clearly connected to the adapter. Now, another symptom it goes through is the light on the adapter turning on when plugged into the laptop but then off when removed. It's somewhat old at this point but it has never done this before. Any ideas on what to do? I'm running Windows 7. (I apologize for the lack of formatting. Having to type this up on my phone while riding around isn't helping me any.)

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Its either a power supply problem of some sort or the a/c adapter and battery might have to both be replaced and see if that helps any.i know on my dell computers when the batteries have problems they start blinking orange and blue constantly.which usually means they have had it.

3. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Dells are notorious for having problems with the charging circuit. So much so that they even used a separate daughter board on some machines.
    I'm not saying that you have this problem, but it is worth you knowing that it is not unusual.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1120884

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice