1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell studio XPS 1340

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stonedparadox, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stonedparadox

stonedparadox Thread Starter

Ok basically My issue is replacing the Screen because it no longer works

iv done the whole plugging in another monitor yoke and no dice and i sent it to see what the techs thought and they say i need a new screen ..but it costs TOO much to get it done by them so i thought since iv taken apart and reassambled many Desktops i should give a laptop a shot

my question is .. is this the link to replace the Screen because if it aint i cant seem to find a guide besides on youtube

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/sxl13/en/sm/display.htm#wp1217088

2. jazz3000

jazz3000

3. Hughv

Hughv

4. stonedparadox

stonedparadox Thread Starter

i know thats the manual man thank you.

i just think its weird that you gotta take off the psychical Screen part .. where as on the youtube vidoes its all different?

am i missing something here?

5. jazz3000

jazz3000

Display panel and screens are two different hardware pieces. If it's just the screen it's one issue, if you want to remove the display panel (entire panel, screen and frame), it's another. Hope this helps.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/927908

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice