Solved DELL Support Assist

SilverSurf

Hello All - Tried to download the Dell Support Assist to check for updates for W10, it tells me it's already installed, trouble is I cannot find it listed anywhere. Any suggestions?

Regards Silversurf

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
did you use the search bar to search for SupportAssist?

BTW, for driver updates, you want to use the Dell Update Command software. If you provide the service tag i can check to see if there is one.

SilverSurf

What I did was made an error, I wanted to delete a program name from the start button list but deleted the Dell support assist by mistake. Dell tell me that support assist has not been correctly uninstalled and that's why I cannot install the program again - they don't know how fix it.

The service tag is:- GNS5BR2

Hope your able to sort this for me.

Regards Silversurf

SilverSurf

Hello Couriant - The problem with that is Support Assist does not show anywhere, no folders or in Control Panel so how would Revo be able to find anything related to this program?

Regards Silversurf

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hello Couriant - The problem with that is Support Assist does not show anywhere, no folders or in Control Panel so how would Revo be able to find anything related to this program?

Regards Silversurf
Typically issues like this is due to entries in the computer's registry that would show the program is still installed, even though it's not in your Add/Remove Program, Start Menu, etc. This program can detect these type of issues.

SilverSurf

Hello Couriant - I downloaded Revo but it did not find the support assist.

Regards Silversurf

SilverSurf

Hello Couriant - I have backed up all my important stuff and will using Acronis revert to a back up I did 2/3 weeks ago. The only thing I don't know how to do is to back up my inbox and sent mails from Outlook 365. If you can tell me how to do that then I will go ahead.

SilverSurf

Hello All - Used Dell premium support, they sorted things for me.

Regards Silversurf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts