1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell System Utility Questions on New Windows 10 PC's

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Jack1000, Jan 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack1000

Jack1000 Thread Starter

Guys,

My desktop is a new OEM Dell based PC. My questions are about the Dell System Utility Scanner that runs every 3-4 days in the right-hand corner of the System Tray taskbar. It looks like a gear wheel:

1.) What does this thing actually do? Is it safe to uninstall from Control Panel? What would I be removing in Control Panel if I choose to uninstall this utility?

2.) I ask this because approximately every three months, a small quarter inch white square appears around the left-hand corner of the desktop. It's exact location can vary a bit.

3.) Rebooting removes this little square, which has no impact on computer performance when it is there.

4.) On-line users have noted that by removing the Dell System Utility from the computer, it removes this square. Some have also reported turning off the screen saver as well.

5.) If any of you with new Dell PC's have seen this little white square in conjunction with the Dell System information Utility please post what you have done to get rid of it for good.

Jack

2. bobcat5536

bobcat5536

I also have a new Dell with all the bloatware installed. I would suggest if it isn't causing any problems to leave it alone. If you should have a problem later on and it's still under warranty, removing the Dell diagnostics stuff may or may not void your warranty. I plan on getting rid of most of my bloatware, but only after the warranty is up.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1164288

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice