Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dell tablet blue screen of death

570 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  plodr 
#1 ·
I am not real tech savvy, but I will try to explain what I did, to mess things up.
I have a dell tablet, windows 8.1. 64 bit 4 gig ram product ID 00258-61682-36621-AAOEM.
The blue screen came on and I asked a few " knowledgeable friends" who gave me some pointers.
Eventually I did a refresh, which was supposed to reset everything and save my files. It saved my files, but dumped all the dell operating drivers, so now, all I can get is windows with No way to access internet, or get any download help. . Touch screen is inoperable also. I have had this tablet about3 years, so dell is no help. Am I pretty much done with this tablet?

#2 ·
hmm sounds like your in a very hard spot, try connecting a mouse to the tablet, you can find drivers from a pc and just transfer it to tablet via usb or sd card or bluetooth, if these 2 things don't work then your pretty much screwed unless if you can restore to factory or previous version

#8 ·
If you go to http://support.dell.com and type in the SERVICE TAG number, it will take you to the support page for your exact unit. From it, under Drivers & Downloads, you will be able to download (Save them, please) the drivers for the tablet so you can reinstall them. You would be strongly advised to backup everything you care about first, though. For almost 20 years now, I do that on my working PC, choose Save As for each renaming them to Intel-WiFi, Touchscreen, etc. then copy them to a flash drive so I can copy and install them on the computer I am reloading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.