dell truemobile 1450 pci in insp 8200 ???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

drocket

I just bought a truemobile 1450 mini pci card and was using dell's driver from their website R94827.EXE and it didn't say insp 8200 as a supported laptop and while installing it gave me a not supported error is there anyone that can help me get this installed thanks.

Supported systems for this device at the Dell site does NOT include your 8200. You may have to Google around some, but maybe, just maybe...that device is just not compatible with that computer.

Can you send/take it back and try another adapter?

drocket

yeah im gonna have to send it back but do you know any that are compatible and have a/b/g and are good

These are listed at Dell.

Dell True Mobile 1150 Series Mini-PCI Card
Dell TrueMobile 1150 Series PC Card

Not real sure if these are a/b/g or not.

If you have an unused pcmia(card) slot on the laptop, you can purchase just about any laptop card. Linksys, Belkin, Netgear are the most common.

Also, if you have an unused USB port, you can also purchase one of many. USB can be flaky, but I do have a Linksys WUSB54g that work fine for me with xp sp2.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online