Dell Venue 8 Pro, Cant Factory Reset

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SSGGAT

I have a venue pro 8 that has been upgraded to windows 10 for a while, but I was doing a periodic update and not it is stuck on the Dell loading page that says "undoing changes to your computer" and will not go any further. I have tried power + windows, power + volume up and down and it always goes to the blue page with several options like device info and boot options.
What I was try to do is a just factory reset and start over, but can't get there. Does anyone know another way please. Thank you

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What is the exact 7-character "service tag" number on it?
What is its exact model number?

-------------------------------------------------

SSGGAT

What is the exact 7-character "service tag" number on it?
What is its exact model number?

It says
Venue 8 Pro
reg. model. T01D
reg. type T01D001
ST. JH22MY1
EX. 42390271657
FCC ID. PPD-QCA5234

SSGGAT

Venue 8 Pro
reg. model. T01D
reg. type T01D001
ST. JH22MY1
EX. 42390271657
FCC ID. PPD-QCA5234

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Venue 8 Pro
ST. JH22MY1
You have THIS Dell Venue 5830 Pro 8" tablet which was purchased in March 2015 in the U.S. and came with Windows 8.1 32-bit.

You didn't say how long ago you upgraded it to Windows 10 32-bit, but it's my guess the ability to factory reset it no longer exists.

I've never owned and used a tablet, so I'm going to leave you with someone else here who has who may be able to help you.

Your tablet's support site has links to contact Dell technical support.

SSGGAT

Thanks and I upgraded about 2 years ago and it ran fine until this. Thanks for you help though.

plodr

Liz
Normally I'd offer assistance but all my tablets run android. I have no experience with tablets running Windows.
As Frank has mentioned, because you upgraded the OS from 8.1 to 10, I suspect the factory reset partition no longer exists.
What boot options does the blue screen show?

plodr

Liz
Even though this is a tablet, what you are showing is the BIOS on a Windows 10 device. (I also don't run Windows 10).
Perhaps if you post in the Windows 10 section of the forum, someone might tell you how to do a clean install of Windows 10 on your tablet. Mention that it is 32 bit Windows 10.
What size is the ssd? I can't see hardware unless I log in and since I don't own the device, I don't want to sign in.

This might help
https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/...re-problems-on-your-dell-pc-tablet-or-servers
It explains how to do diagnostics on the device.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online