1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell vista cd used on Acer pc please help

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Lostdad, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lostdad

Lostdad Thread Starter

My son loaded windows vista on my acer laptop via a dell windows cd now i now i cant see any of my network connections i want to factory restore my pc i normaly do so using alt f10 BUT this is not working please help thanks

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Since the OS has been over written, you are going to have to get the CDs that came with your machine or the ones you burned when you first got your machine and then install Vista from them.

If you did NOT burn these CDs, then you will need to get with Acre and get Cd's from them.

3. Lostdad

Lostdad Thread Starter

Ouch i called acer they refered me to a 800# that said i didnt need a CD to do so BUT they wanted 200$ to walk me through it ..... note to self Kill the kids when they try and get on my pc.... let me ask this is there a way to set up the wireless networks and what not windows seems to be working but just not able to get on net or find my network devices ... sorry very computer illiterate

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Because you are using a illegal copy of Windows 7, have you been able to "Activate" it?
    If not, then you have about 30 days and it will become very limited in to what you will be able to do.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If the factory restore partition has been overwritten, Acer should have restore CD's or DVD to roll you back to the factory shipped configuration. I know I recently got them for a client for an HP machine for $15, don't know what Acer charges.

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    What operating system came with your Acer? If Vista, was it the same (e.g., Home Premium) as what is now installed?

7. lisa6447

lisa6447

From the Acer site i paid 10 english pounds to download the recovery data Lisa

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/874687

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice