1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Vostro - Dull/Very Dark Screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dmcg69, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmcg69

dmcg69 Thread Starter

Hi people,

I have a problem with my sisters Dell Vostro 1500 laptop which is 2 years old which she is hoping i can get fixed for her!

When the laptop is started up the screen is very dull and dark. The brightness keys do nothing when pressed.

When i plug the external monitor in to the VGA port the output can be shown on the extenal monitor but not on the laptop screen even by pressing Function key + F8 to toggle displays.

The laptop graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS. I have tried replacing the driver however this has made no difference.

Has anyone any experiance of this problem or a problem like it. Could it be that the screen has died?

Thanks

David

2. dmcg69

dmcg69 Thread Starter

anyone got any ideas????? Its also installed with Windows XP :)

3. bzerph

bzerph

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/949789

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice