1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN mini-card.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by clarex, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. clarex

clarex Thread Starter

Hi, new to the site today. Bit frustrated, my sister got a new laptop, the one Im using to post this, and connected straight away to my home wireless, and can also view surrounding connections, (neighbours) etc.

I cant. Its a problem with my mini-card it says "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device." However, I clicked to get updated drivers and it said I already had the advanced one?

I called technical support for Dell and because my warranty has expired they want £29 to pay for this solution.

If anyone can help I would very much appreciate it.

I am using a Dell Inspiron 1520. Windows Vista, trying to connect to home wireless and nothing out of the ordinary has happened for this to happen.

Thanks.
    [​IMG]

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Use the service tag # from the Dell and download the latest drivers for the wireless adapter. Don't allow Windows to search for the drivers, but rather specify the specific folder you unpacked the driver files into as the installation source.

3. clarex

clarex Thread Starter

download for the wireless adapter using the internet or finding the files on my computer. ?

And you wouldnt happen to know where I packed these files into, meaning is there a specific file they would go into or would only I know that? As I wouldnt know where to find them!

4. JohnWill

Download from the Dell website support section.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Actually the Dell drivers are typically executable files. Download one, double click to execute, and the program will install the driver.

6. clarex

clarex Thread Starter

hey dont mean to be obvious but I cant connect to the internet to do this?

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If you can't connect to the internet you will not be able to read this post. :)

Try to find a computer to borrow long enough to download the needed drivers. Copy them to removable media such as floppy, CD, USB flash drive, etc. Copy the drivers from the removable media onto the crippled PC.

8. clarex

clarex Thread Starter

Im using my sisters laptop lol. thanks for that though. will have a hunt for my flash drive and let you know how I get on x

9. clarex

clarex Thread Starter

Downloaded all the drivers urgent and recommended from dell.
    still not working?
    anyone have any clue? I have scoured the internet for any help whatsoever but no luck.. maybe Ill need to pay dell after all lol

10. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    There are now no errors or warnings in Device Manager?

Please show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
    (For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

11. clarex

clarex Thread Starter

No there is error warnings.. its just all the drivers I downloaded and installed say they worked but havent.

Here is a picture of my errors and what happened after I typed in that command.

View attachment 152092

Attached Files:

12. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

The urgent or recommended notation indicates how important it is to upgrade existing drivers. Right now you don't have any working drivers. You have to download and install the ones for your network adapter.

13. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Start with chipset drivers, then the network controller if it has a separate driver, and then the driver for the wireless.

If you can get rid of those isatap and WAN miniports that would be good, but shouldn't be necessary.

14. JohnWill

I think I'd first take a pass through Device Manager and uninstall all of those adapters, starting from the top first, then reboot and install the proper drivers.

15. clarex

clarex Thread Starter

thanks a lot guys, makes sense. will let you know how i get on.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/833747

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice