1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Wireless Bluetooth Module 355 (2.0 + EDR) installation problem on Vista.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by stanlyden, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stanlyden

stanlyden Thread Starter

I have just re-formatted my laptop again after getting a virus and the laptop isn't picking up the driver for the bluetooth module 2.0.

I have the driver on the installation disk and have also tried installing it from downloads aswell, but when you start the installation up it just "hangs" there with the msg saying "Activate Bluetooth using Fn+F2 or Radio ON/OFF Switch" and has the cancel installation option there. It doesn't do anything! I've also tried to do a Google, but haven't been able to find sufficient information on this. If anyone knows any more about this problem then let me know :D

Thanks in advance,
    Stan =)

2. zolej

zolej

Hi I have the same problem.
    I find something on the dell support site, but I haven't had time to try yet.
    Maybe you can try.
    Here is the link:
    http://support.dell.com/support/top...D02A651D987C44FE0401E0A54170BD4&doclang=en&cs=

Yust select your operating system.
    I tried to install Vista Business 64bit,(the original is 32bit) but the bluetooth haven't worked yet.
    Did you installed the original Windows with the Dell recovery Disk?

3. damnguddu

damnguddu

hi...guys...help me out here....i have the same problem...i have an INspiron 1525 that came with DOS installed...i installed XP...faced the same problem.."Activate Bluetooth using Fn+F2 or Radio On/Off Switch"...thinking that installing vista would solve the problem, i installed 32bit Vista...but the problem remains....I've done everything....tried installing from the utility disk and also from the website...updated the bios from A13 to A16...nothing helps...

previously, when i had Xp installed, i applied the patch and then tried installing...worked fine for a few days....then this stupid, intermittent poblem started happening...
    called Dell....one customer care guy told me after looking at my technical specs that i dont have the hardware installed when i clearly have the hardware installed....how could i have then paired my nokia phone with my laptop when i had XP installed....

someone please give us a solution...

thanks.

4. zolej

zolej

Hi guys!

I have solved our problem. I formated my HDD than start over Vista installation again.
    I installed everything in the right order. When I tried to install Bluetooth the same problem came out again. After a few hours with my friend, Google:) I found a patch for bluetooth.
    Here is the link:
    http://www.opendrivers.com/driver/2...r)-patch-upgrade-btw-radio-free-download.html

I downloaded this and installed. It takes only 1 minutes.
    And It's working!!!!:)
    Now there is one thing. When I connected my phone(SE K750i) Vista trying to install "bluetooth peripheral device" and more bluetooth stuff. Vista shows a popup that says(something like that): "Can't find driver....", "...Insert CD for your device..." Click on the find other way to install driver(sorry I have hungarian Vista, so I don't know what is the correct text. I hope you understand me:) ) Now search for driver on the computer. Find the unziped folder of the driver if the Dell CD(c:\dell\driver\R140135\3100_216\Winx64 or Winx86). Then Vista install everything.
    I hope this will help you to install your bluetooth.
    I will test this driver for a few hour and day.
    I hope the intermittent problem won't come forward.

Best Regards
    Zoli from Hungary

5. stanlyden

stanlyden Thread Starter

Thansk Zolej,

I followed that download link that you provided and also installed it. I then went through the to the Dell Drivers folder as outlined and double clicked on Inst

This worked for me and installed bluetooth again for me on my system.

Cheers again :)

6. stanlyden

stanlyden Thread Starter

Well, that was VERY short lived. Restarted my laptop and the bluetooth doesn't load anymore?? Not in the tray or from selecting it to load manually. Not too sure what's going on here, but any further suggestions would be great! Thanks in advance!!!:confused::confused::confused:

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!