1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Wireless LAN Message on Startup

Discussion in 'Networking' started by MartinD28LH, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MartinD28LH

MartinD28LH Thread Starter

Since resetting my Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop back to factory settings I keep getting this message on startup: "Dell Wireless WLAN Wireless Network Tray Applet has stopped working". I have tried to get rid of this by trying the following advice I found on the internet:

Right click Computer
    Manage
    Services
    Scroll down to Dell Wireless WLAN
    Right click
    Properties
    Disable the service
    Reboot

but the message still appears on startup. On checking, the service shows up as disabled.

The computer isn't used wireless so a wireless connection isn't vital.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can stop this message appearing?

Graham

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I would have guessed that would be sufficient.

Hold the Windows logo key and press r to bring up a Run box. Type msconfig in the box and hit OK. On the Startup tab see if there is any reference to that Dell WLAN. If there is, un-select it, Apply, reboot and see if that helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974800

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice