1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dell wireless problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mack10series, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mack10series

mack10series Thread Starter

I have a latitude D505, and i am experiening drop outs with my wireless connection. Whenever i am connecting to my home network my connection will randomly just drop out and not reconnect. I have tried connecting to the same network with 2 other computers; one an older dell, which dropped the connection, then quickly picked it back up. The third computer, a inspiron 9300, would keep a signal, but the strength would drop very low sometimes. I also find that after a while of not using my inspiron, it would disconnect from my home network, and not allow me to reconnect unless i unplugged the power to the router for 15 seconds, then plugged it back in. I believe it may be a router problem, but i am not quite sure, so i would like to get some input from you guys.

Here are the machines on my network:
    Dell latitude D505 w/intel wireless
    Dell Inspiron 9300 w/intel wireless
    D-Link wireless G router w/ wep encryption enabled.

thanks,

Joe

2. DBClark

DBClark

A couple of things I'd check first are:

1.) Router configuration-lease time on the DHCP, short lease times might cause this.
    2.) Idle time before disconnecting from ISP. Set this to never.

I would also check to see if there is a firmware update for your router.

Perhaps a reset to factory setting and start from scratch.

Just some of the things that I would check for and try if the problem continued.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437047

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice