1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell WL6000 Speakers - Rear Speaker Not Working

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Nitrous57, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nitrous57

Nitrous57 Thread Starter

Well, I've had it for a couple of years now, and for the past year (I know, I'm a bit slack on it) the Rear speaker has not been working. This all started when I reformatted the PC, and switched it back to Windows XP. I currently have it back at Vista at the OEM operating specs. Not really sure what it is, when I check under the "Configure" button, it only lets me select Speaker (2-channel stuff).

Now the awkward thing is, the Subwoofer works underneath the computer when I have Windows Media Player open, even though it's not recognized. As does the Center Speaker underneath the Monitor.

So my question is, why does the Rear Speaker not work, and is there any way I can fix it? I push Connect on the back of it, and everything. (Note: It's the wireless one, so I'm praying it's not a faulty equipment problem)

I've got a Sigmatel Driver on the thing, some C++ Major Audio blah blah nonsense, and I believe that could be the cause, because they installed some other driver I'm almost certain than this PoS =/.

Any help would be appreciated, and I would really like to thank you guys for having this forum around ^-^.

2. Nitrous57

Nitrous57 Thread Starter

Figured it's been a while so...bump? :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/897531

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice