1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell xps 13 9350 audio problems

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by makhouts, Apr 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. makhouts

makhouts Thread Starter

Hi everyone, I've bought a new monitor for my laptop dell xps 13. Now when I'm hearing sound from my monitor the sound stops working for 2 seconds and then it just goes normal. this happens often. I've already installed the latest drivers for my realtek high defenition. I also uninstalled the drivers and installed them back still nothing. Same thing for my Graphics Card. The sound on my laptop is excellent. Only when I'm connecting it to my monitor then it goes bad ...

Attached Files:

2. Rhycer16

Rhycer16

First Name:
    Rhyce
    Dodgy port/connection ? Maybe try with different cables ?

3. makhouts

makhouts Thread Starter

I'm using hdmi.

4. Rhycer16

Rhycer16

First Name:
    Rhyce
    Could you see whether sound comes out fine through the aux port/headphone jack ?

5. makhouts

makhouts Thread Starter

Same issue when I plug in my headphones.

6. Rhycer16

Rhycer16

First Name:
    Rhyce
    So dodgy sound through your headphones too , even when you are using the laptop with no external display ?

7. makhouts

makhouts Thread Starter

When I'm using my laptop without external display everything works perfect. Only when I connect the display then it's going weird. I've searched on the Web and I think it's something about the realtek. Not sure.

8. Rhycer16

Rhycer16

First Name:
    Rhyce
    I would run a diagnostics on it if I were you like you can troubleshoot audio problems by right clicking on the volume control thing I think ( I'm not too sure since I haven't needed to do it recently )

9. makhouts

makhouts Thread Starter

I've already done that but still nothing I'm getting this (watch photo). I can't disable it.

Attached Files:

10. Smartguy01

Smartguy01

First Name:
    Ivan
    Can you open any options on the monitor (with any buttons like "Menu")? Your problems might be cause by HDMI control being enabled on the monitor, and disabling it might fix them. Although I'm unsure if the monitor in question support HDMI control since I couldn't find any manuals for it.

Another option would be to get another HDMI cable and try using it (to eliminate a faulty HDMI cable as the cause).

Trying to connect your laptop with another HDMI device would eliminate a faulty device (monitor) as the cause.

11. makhouts

makhouts Thread Starter

I've bought a new hdmi cable and I'm getting the same results as my older hdmi cable. I can open a menu from my screen but it's standing on auto detecting.

12. Smartguy01

Smartguy01

First Name:
    Ivan
    Do you have any other HDMI device which you could connect to your laptop and thus eliminate the possibility of the monitor in question actually being faulty?

13. makhouts

makhouts Thread Starter

I've already connected another laptop to the hdmi. It's working perfect with the other laptop. But I'm using a USB c type to connect the hdmi with my laptop. Do u think it's the fault of the usb type c ?

14. Smartguy01

Smartguy01

First Name:
    Ivan
    You got me confused now.

HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is not a name for a device, it is an interface used for transferring digital audio and video signals form one device to another.

A cable which is used to connect two device which support the use of HDMI and have HDMI ports is called an HDMI cable.

Your Medion Akoya MD20830 monitor (I assume that's the one you're having problems with, judging from your first attached picture) should have an HDMI port where you plug the HDMI cable in and then you plug the other end into your laptops HDMI port.

You didn't mention before that you're using an USB-C cable to connect the two and I'm rather confused by what you've meant with "using a USB c type to connect the hdmi with my laptop". Do you mean that you're connecting the monitor with your laptop with an USB-C cable instead of connecting it with an HDMI cable?

15. makhouts

makhouts Thread Starter

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. So this is how it goes. My laptop doesn't have a hdmi port only a usb c type port. The usb c type port is used for connecting a hdmi cable. So you have to connect a cable in the c type port s you can connect the hdmi with the cable. Maybe you need a photo .

Attached Files:

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1169086

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice