dell xps 210 desktop will not boot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

randysudd

When I purchased this machine new in about 2007, it would not boot and dell sent a technician to repair it. He replaced something, could have been the graphics card, I do not remember and it has worked perfectly until about a month ago. Now it will not boot. I can hear the hard drive spinning but the monitor shows absolutely nothing. It could be the graphics card again and if so would you recommend a replacement. I only use this machine for business, No Games. I removed and replaced the ram but it still does not boot visually. That is why I think it is the graphics card.
Thank you

First Name
Jay
If there is no Video from start up, it could be the video card, or it could be that the system is not starting. How have you determined that the hard drives are spinning? Sometimesd people mistake the sound of a fan turning as the hard drive spinning. If the power supply has malfunctioned it may provide power to a few case lights, open and close the optical drive, yet not provide the power to run the motherrboard? Do you get the Lights on the keyboard when youstart the computer? or hear the normal windows start up sound?

randysudd

To: Dustyjay,
Thank you
I removed the case cover, removed all plugged in item except the keyboard, mouse and monitor. I started the machine and put my hand on the hard drive and I can feel it spinning up. The fan is also running adjacent to the harddrive.
I get no lights on the keyboard, no response on the monitor. I have my owners manuals and the front where the diagnostic lights belong, are not there. It is covered with a piece of the cases' plastic. I can pry it off but when I pried it out some, I see nothing behind it. I also can not find any lights anywhere else on the case. There are no startup sounds at all. The on light on the swithch is on, the harddrive is spinning and the fan is spinning. No other signs of life.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online