Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dell XPS 9370 Screen Resolution Problem

760 views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  Johnclive 
#1 · (Edited)
I recently bought a laptop Dell xps ( 9370 ) 13inch 2018 model with 4K screen .
But i ended up facing major problem .
The 4K screen is draining the battery so fast and the battery is dying in couple of hours .
I want to lower the resution of the screen from 3840×2160 to 1920×1080 to save some battery life .
But ive been told not to do it because it will damage the chipset , the hardware inside or decrease the system life span . Plus it says ( recommended ) next to the native resolution which is 3840×2160 .
I really want to know is it ok for me to switch down the resolution from 4K to 1920×1080 . Is it going to damage the system or the video card .

Please help

Azure Smile Font Line Screenshot

See less See more
#3 ·
I doubt you will see any difference in battery life. Gaming laptops are VERY hard on the battery charge. Really it is not designed for you to play games on the battery. It is designed to be plugged in when gaming. While you can use it on battery, the charge will fall rather quickly.

#10 ·
You are fighting a losing battle. Changing the res is not going to affect the battery charge level [at least not in any meaningful amount]
Use the laptop how it was intended; plug it in and use it. You can operate on battery for a while however not all that long.

#12 ·
Dell generally includes a LOT of stuff that is not really necessary; often called bloatware. You can extend [somewhat] battery life by turning this stuff OFF or uninstalling. Again do not think you are going to double battery life or anything like that however you may extend it a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.