1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell XPS Battery

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shooterdean4, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooterdean4

Shooterdean4 Thread Starter

I have a Dell XPS laptop and the battery no longer takes a charge. I have been looking at replacement batteries and all of the replacement batteries have a different voltage rating the the orginal. The orginal is 14.8V with capacity 37 wh, the replacements are 11.1V with a range of capacity from 4400 - 7200 mah. I am guessing that the capacity does not matter it will just have a longer charge, but I don't know if the voltage will matter.

Thanks for any help.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

The voltage DOES matter, obviously that's the wrong battery!

3. raybro

raybro

Dell XPS has a number of different M series laptops. All but the M2010 have betteries rated at 11.1v. The M2010 is rated at 14.8 V. So I'll assume you have a M2010 model.

Look here to see what Dell gets for them. Notice there is a single and a dual battery pack with and attendant higher price. ($166 and $250).

I Googled around and found this for $144.

Checkout Amazon. I've found some real good deals there. They have the M2010 12 cell battery (dual) new for $82. Checkout the part number compatibility real good before you buy. The Dell site should be your standard for comparison.

Raybro

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/874399

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice