1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DELL XPS BSOD problems anyone decode?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by m6nu, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. m6nu

m6nu Thread Starter

(I really apologize for my english) Hi, new to this forum, I bought a DELL Laptop less than 2 months ago and problems were really quick to come.. Lots of BSOD's. Sometimes it can work just fine more than a week straight 24/7 no matter what I do, play gta 4, battlefield 3 (and of course I do it cuz I bought that kind of laptop for gaming and working both). Although sometimes bsod's come couple times a day and not for doing different stuff.. so what I'm trying to say is that bsod's doesn't appear to be depended on what I do.. or something like that.. Anyways yes the warranty should be the solution but I hoped that maybe I have done something wrong myself with drivers or software etc. And also I don't like that warranty will take ages as long as I live in Estonia and they won't do nothing here but send it to the most furthest place known to man and then after few months or so I will maybe hear from then again.

I hoped that maybe some of you can decode these minidump files so I uploaded last 3 ones that it recorded. I would really appreciate that.

Attached Files:

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Hi and welcome.
    Minidump Check.
    Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe x 2
    A Windows file - could be caused by anything.

Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys
    NTFS - the main part of Windows installation.

Could relate to missing damaged drivers - faulty memory [Ram] or installed programs.
    You could run many tests - Drivers - Hard drive test - Memory tests etc.

But on a two month old Pc - your best bet is to return it to the supplier and let them replace, fix it.

3. m6nu

m6nu Thread Starter

okay. .thanks.. I will probably return it, but if there's a chance that I could do something myself then I'll give it a try.. I ran memtest and severalt tests that I found made by dell themselves.. nothing so far.. even did a burn in test.. all the test complete just fine.. bsods appear on random time.. okay so that was the deal with these bsod's but let's give it a go with older ones.. yeah.. I have many of these :D

here are ten older ones.. I really hope I'm not annoying you and you will take a look at these

Attached Files:

4. blues_harp28

Ok - will take a look - give me ten minutes.

5. blues_harp28

Minidump Check.
    ntoskrnl.exe x 3
    Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys x 2
    Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
    Probably caused by : win32k.sys

All date from..
    2-1-2012
    5-1-2012
    6-1-2012
    8-1-2012
    9-1-2012
    10-1-2012
    20-1-2012 x 3
    They should replace your Pc with a new one - don't let them repair it, if you can.

6. m6nu

m6nu Thread Starter

okay..many thanx

7. blues_harp28

Anytime - good luck.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1037252

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice