1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell XPS-WHL Won't Power Up Completly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bud56, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bud56

Bud56 Thread Starter

I have two Dell XPS-WHL's that when I turn them on stay on for 5-30 seconds and then shut down. One I found on a shelf doing this the. The other was operating, I shut it down for about an hour to move it and then it wouldn't start back up. I saw a previous post about this problem but no solutions, any ideas where to start?
    Thanks

2. Rockon8729

Rockon8729

What is the model? I did a search for DELL XPS-WHL and seemed to come up with a bunch of different models. Also how old are they? What power supply do they come with? If I had to guess without knowing much more information I would say the power supplies are probably the same brand, maybe a little old (not knowing how old the computer is), or maybe a bad batch of power supplies. If you can provide more details on the model of the computer and even the power supply maybe we can find more information on if they have been reported bad.

Edit: If the power supply is not the issue than the mother board may be it. Do the fans turn or the HD even come on? Also check to see if there is a reset button on the back of the computer or a converter switch that switches the power supply from 220-110. It should be on 110. If none of that is the issue may be a bad power button.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090357

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice