1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell's Inspiron vs Latitude

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by roverman, Feb 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roverman

roverman Thread Starter

I'm in the process of looking at new laptops and want to see if there is a consensus on what would be a better choice.

*Latitude or Inspiron?
    PIII 1.0 GHz
    *Display: XGA, SVGA, or UXGA (any real difference between the 3?)
    10/20 gb ultra ata hd (guess they are 5400rpm, doesn't say)
    256 mb RAM
    Win2000
    *USB or PS2 Mouse?
    Xircom Realport if possible
    Doesn't a second battery take up a cd/a: slot?

Laptop will be docked while in office and is used by Legal Director who will be on the road with it during the Legislative Session. Medium use.

We've gone with Dell Desktops and have been pretty happy with them. We've also done Latitute/Inspiron laptops:
    Inspiron 7000 (C366)(P366) and Celeron don't mix, the PII works fine.
    2 Latitudes C600 (P850) with Win98/Win2000 are very reliable.
    Latitude C800 (P1.0) with Win2000 is so-so (BUT, I didn't put it together, a non-tech person did, but it's hers, so there).

Latitudes are about $2600, whereas the Inspirons are about $2000 (also with Office XP).

Thanks for your inputs.

Randy

2. richardp

richardp

Inspirons are more powerful but more bulky

Latitudes are classed as ultraportable but they are not as portable. They often come with more connection possibilites

3. roverman

roverman Thread Starter

Richard,
    Thanks for the comment. I forgot about the Inspiron's being bulkier.
    I'm leaning toward the Lattitude, and since the Inspiron's are bulkier, this will help the decision a lot more.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/67816

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice