1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Delta Search

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by ductape, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ductape

ductape Thread Starter

Let me begin by saying that I am NOT experienced with computers, and that I have been blessed with two preteens that love to play games on the internet and download random crap that has led me here. I was having problemswith Google Chrome, and wanted to switch to Firefox. I uninstalled Chrome but when attempting to download Firefox, I was "told" that my computer was incompatable. (It's an old Vista piece of crap) so I reinstalled Chrome. When it was finished, I realized that when I got online, three tabs opened, one for Chrome, one a new tab, and the third was Delta Search. I'm always careful to read everything before downloading anything, because theres always a hidden toolbar or something else that I don't want. Now, I've gone into the control panel, don't see anything related to Delta or Yontoo, went to Internet Explorer to manage add ons, that didn't work...it just won't go away! what to do, what to do? Any advice will be helpful!!!

2. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

3. ductape

ductape Thread Starter

Thanks! Will do!

4. ductape

ductape Thread Starter

Let me begin by saying that I am NOT experienced with computers, and that I have been blessed with two preteens that love to play games on the internet and download random crap that has led me here. I was having problems with Google Chrome, and wanted to switch to Firefox. I uninstalled Chrome but when attempting to download Firefox, I was "told" that my computer was incompatable. (It's an old Vista piece of crap) so I reinstalled Chrome. When it was finished, I realized that when I got online, three tabs opened, one for Chrome, one a new tab, and the third was Delta Search. I'm always careful to read everything before downloading anything, because theres always a hidden toolbar or something else that I don't want. Now, I've gone into the control panel, don't see anything related to Delta or Yontoo, went to Internet Explorer to manage add ons, that didn't work...it just won't go away! what to do, what to do? VIRUS??? Any advice will be helpful!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1093795