1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

demon cd burner from plant spaceball

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rabbo, Dec 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rabbo

rabbo Thread Starter

heyo,

i have had some problems for quite some time a cd burner, finally getting around to asking for help.. running windows xp on a pentium, and the burner itself is an HP speed writer, but windows reads it as samsung on device manager and doesn't accept anything else. The problem is actually in the burning/reading side of the drive. It will start spinning like it is going to read, but then it goes, and bare with me, bbaaarrrrroooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmm........

real loud, compared to standard spinning.

this makes it impossible to read or transfer files from a cd, since it does it about 8 seconds into spinning, sometimes more, sometimes less, but every time.

when burning, using nero, or vista, or even roxio (tried everything) it will power down and either leave the rest of the disk scratchy or give me a new coaster for a bottle of dr. pepper.

any ideas? is there a hinge loose or something i could oil?

thanks,

rabb

2. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U

I wouldn't go oiling or undoing your computer, but my HP cd burner makes noises and runs like that too. It will spin and seem like it spins forever but it works, so i'm not quite sure about that. Try a different writing speed and try Disk at Once data burn at like an ok speed to see whats up. give it time and hope nothing bad happens. If it constantly vrooms i just think its an HP defect but the HP drives are i think Samsung. Don't like the fact they do that but if they do once the burn is done and closed i usually take the disk out. or if it is vrooming and not burning, but u are not even using the drive i usually open it and take disk out. I don't know why it does that but i don't like it... again.

Welcom To TSG.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!