1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Denied Access to IE Tools/Options...

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Azgravedigge, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Azgravedigge

Azgravedigge Thread Starter

Anyone know how this could have happened and how to fix it?

When I attempt to go to my tools/Internet options screen, it says "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator".

This is a residential computer and not part of a network. I guess I'm the administrator and I have no idea what to attempt. I rebooted and the problem is still there...

Any thoughts or help or lines of attack?

Thanks.

2. putasolution

putasolution

Have you got spybot installed on your computer?

3. Azgravedigge

Yes, it is. I had it set to immunize but haven't updated it in about 3 weeks.

4. putasolution

putasolution

In that case open Spybot in Advanced Mode

Start | Programs | Spybot | Advanced Mode
    Click Immunize
    Scroll down to the bottom
    Uncheck lock IE control Panel against opening from with IE in the Recommended miscellaneous protection

5. Azgravedigge

And it's just that easy.

Thanks much sir. I had a tech in an on-line chat (took 1.5 hours to get him there) for about 15 minutes and he gave up.

I know it was an easy fix but it was driving me crazy. I was looking everywhere for some switch that would give me back control but didn't think to look in the place that denies control to "other" people.

Thanks much. Appreciate the help.

6. putasolution

putasolution

you're welcome :D

7. Roughrider

Roughrider

I had the same problem. I use spybot and adaware. I finally used "ie restrictions" from camtech2000.net and found that something put the restriction on. I unchecked it and no problems since. My problem now is that i cant get to classmates.com although I used to get on the site all the time. I keep getting the internet explorer message that "the page cannot be found"message. Any help?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167849

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice