1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Denied Administrator Login

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Xebee, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xebee

Xebee Thread Starter

:confused: I seem to inadvertently forgotten the password to my administrators login!!!

Subsequently I am unable to adjust/change any settings on my desktop, including reinstalling my CD/DVD ROM - and Broadband Internet connection. No matter what I tried I am confronted by that frustrating and annoying warning "Access Denied. You need to log on as an Administrator to make any changes" :eek:

Can anyone out-there please offer any suggestions?

Thanks and safe computing

Xebee :eek:

[email protected]

2. rhMattL19

rhMattL19

I can't remember about Windows 2000, but XP (Pro anyway) has two Administrator accounts. One that you created at the very last step of the Windows installation, and the built-in one.

The built-in one is just Administrator with no password. I guess you could try that.

Upon installing Windows XP, most people just use the Administrator level account they created at installation. Windows doesn't provide the user with a 'limited' account, they have to create one once there are two Admin accounts.

Anyhow, I don't know, try that I guess.

Good luck!

Honestly, by the sounds of it, you were using a limited account already ... one of the smart people. If so, sorry dude, can't help you.

I just registered here to post this to you ... would be typical that I can't help you.

3. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

There is free software available on the Internet to change the password of an local user's account.

Due to conflicting information, I'm ot sure if it's ok to post on this forum.

So send me an e-mail and I'll send you the link.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!