1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Department of Justice virus

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by jet8094, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jet8094

jet8094 Thread Starter

So my home computer that my family uses, and many of them don't fully understand how virus and trojans work, seems to have a screen lock virus on it.
    I did some searching on the web, and its a pretty common virus, I even found a step by step process for removing it here,
    http://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guides/6801-remove-department-of-justice-scam

While that step by step process is very helpful, I can't seem to get Safe Mode to run correctly on my computer.
    When I get to selection screen to chose to open safe mode, I am presented with the following options,

Safe Mode
    Safe Mode with Networking
    Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Enable Boot Logging
    Enable VGA Mode
    Last Know Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)
    Directory Services Restore Mode (Windows domain controllers only)
    Debugging Mode
    Disable Automatic restart on system failure

Start Windows Normally
    Reboot
    Return to OS Choices Menu

When I select any of the Safe Mode options, It takes me to a black screen that runs code, and then takes me to back to a selection screen of only the following,

Safe Mode
    Safe Mode with Networking
    Safe Mode with Command Prompt
    Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)
    Start Windows Normally

Any of thise selections other Start Windows Normally starts the same process again of going to a black screen and running code just to return to same selection screen.

So I am at a lost, Can't get back to first selections screen to try something else.

Could anyone assist in getting me to safe mode so I can try and run software to remove this bug?
    Any help would be very great of you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088187

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice