1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Depixelating A video

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by larryecook, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. larryecook

larryecook Thread Starter

Does any one know how to resize and Depixelate a video?

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

There's probably high-end video filters that do a good job of it, but for just ordinary consumer editors (like Premiere Elements, VideoStudio, Pinnacle\Avid), the only thing I know of is that you apply a softening filter like blur, deblock, desnow; whatever you find does the best job; and then on a second render apply a sharpening filter.

Obviously anytime one of those filters is applied, it actually does more "damage," causing more blurriness as opposed to pixelation, but it will appear more smooth.

3. larryecook

Do you know how to do that in pinnacle?

4. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Pinnacle has some basic things but sell add on effects packs--there's probably clean-up filters among them. The basic function that comes with it is a noise reduction filter which works better for cleaning up "snow," from old VHS recordings for instance. It also has blur and such but pixelation can be very difficult to deal with since the goal is to blend or smooth those pixelated edges without blending or smoothing everything else into one big smear. A common flash file is the perfect example; low quality, pixelated; you can deblock some and add some contrast possibly but not a whole lot because the overall quality will get even worse.

5. larryecook

I have pinnacle 11 ultimate

6. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

I have Plus and had a content DVD and I see a couple of things in there (denoisers) that might helpful if you were to purchase them, I never did.

I purchased VideoStudio V2 at one point and it has a deblocker and desnow filter that I use. Helps a little but too much effect smears it there too.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/865156