1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Derpy Wacom

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CobaltEdge, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CobaltEdge

CobaltEdge Thread Starter

I just recently (about two or three days ago) got a Wacom Bamboo Connect. It worked perfectly the first day I got it, but when I turned off my computer for the night and turned it back on that morning, I could only move my cursor around the upper-left hand corner of my screen. I looked at my pen properties and made sure that all the settings were on full, and they were, but it still didn't help.

I think it MAY have something to do with the fact that whenever I reinstall the driver it says that Bamboo Dock could not be installed, however when I turned my computer on I had Dock on it.

It may also be of assistance to know that I kept getting disconnected from LightIRC until I uninstalled my tablet again.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 4
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 255 Mb
    Graphics Card: 32MB ATI Rage 128 Ultra, 32 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 19053 MB, Free - 1305 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Computer Corp.,
    Antivirus: McAfee VirusScan, Updated: No, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

2. CobaltEdge

This screenshot I took of the error screen may help too

[​IMG]

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Have you downloaded and installed that latest drivers for that model from the Wacom site:
    http://wacom.com/en/CustomerCare/Drivers.aspx?model=Bamboo+Connect&os=Windows+XP
    You may also need the Dock separately: http://bamboodock.wacom.com/#EN

It could also be related to the virus you appear to have; System Smart Security is a rogue spyware problem and your McAfee doesn't seem to be up-to-date, or running properly for that matter.

Please start a new thread in the malware section, but be sure to read the stickies at the top of that forum: http://forums.techguy.org/54-virus-other-malware-removal/

After you've been given the all-clean come back and we can see if the Wacom works or try to fix that.

4. CobaltEdge

Yeah, System Smart Security has been neutralized and deleted as well as Macafee.

I think I may need Dock separately

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Are you sure? Your screenshot indicates its not fully removed. Personally I don't want to go through the trouble of trying to fix a problem if a computer is infected as the infection might be the source of the problems. I'd like to see an all-clear from a malware expert.

In any case, I've posted links above to the required drivers and software.

6. CobaltEdge

I removed it completely after the screenshot was actually taken.
    It seems to be working after I removed McAfee, so we'll see

7. CobaltEdge

ok, no. I got the drivers and Dock, and it is still messing up

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029559

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice