Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Desctop pc power button blinking, computer wont turn on

Solved 
2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Rasackytja 
#1 ·
Hello, i tried to add an extra graphics card into my computer, but after when trying to turn it on, the power button just flashes white. I tried unplugging all the cables, checked all connections and everything seems fine. My computer is asus k5130. Please help:/

#2 ·
The ASUS K5130 desktop appears to come with an Intel Core i3 processor and Intel integrated graphics and a 250W power supply.

Is yours using the Intel integrated graphics or does it have a dedicated graphic card?

What's the brand name and model number of the "extra graphic card" that you installed in it?

What's the brand name and model number of the power supply in it?

---------------------------------------------------------------

#4 ·
The recommended pw supply for that card is 400W.
One of two things happened;
1 Your current pw supply was overloaded and failed
2 You simply knocked something loose while in the case. If it is the second of these, just go back and recheck ALL connections; ie atx pw, aux pw, etc. Reseat all connections ie pull them OFF then reinstall.
In any case, DO NOT attempt to pw on that system with the video card installed. Use ONLY the onchip video until you install a quality pw supply.

#6 ·
That is a very low quality pw supply. It may work IF you did not damage any other parts. If it were me, I would install a quality pw supply ie corsair, seasonic, or other high end unit. Up to you if you want to try that pw supply. Remember if your current pw supply failed, you may have damaged the motherboard, ram, etc.

#8 ·
crjdriver is one of the respected hardware/gaming experts here, so I'll leave you with him about the graphic card and power supply.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I want to mention something though that probably will contribute to slowness and shutdown issues with that computer if it isn't dealt with.
The heat sink/cooling fan unit over the processor is very clogged with dust and needs to be cleaned out.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread

This is going to prevent the processor from staying cool enough.
When the processor overheats, it slows down to prevent getting damaged, which in turn makes the computer run slower.
If the processor gets too hot, the computer will freeze up or shut down.

-------------------------------------------------------------

#9 ·
crjdriver is one of the respected hardware/gaming experts here, so I'll leave you with him about the graphic card and power supply.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I want to mention something though that probably will contribute to slowness and shutdown issues with that computer if it isn't dealt with.
The heat sink/cooling fan unit over the processor is very clogged with dust and needs to be cleaned out.
View attachment 255553

This is going to prevent the processor from staying cool enough.
When the processor overheats, it slows down to prevent getting damaged, which in turn makes the computer run slower.
If the processor gets too hot, the computer will freeze up or shut down.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you, we will clean it imediatly

#10 ·
First of all, the video card in question is several generations old. It was a mid-level card when released. Before investing any money into this machine, I would first test ALL of your parts to be sure you did not fry the motherboard, cpu, etc.
Install a known working pw supply into this system. Use the onchip video. See if the system will POST. If it does, then you know you did not fry anything else. If the system will not POST with a known good pw supply, then you are going to have to swap parts with known good units or test your parts in a test system.

Just my opinion however if your system has had some damage, I would not invest any money into fixing it. That system is now almost 4yrs old and it makes no sense to replace the motherboard, ram, etc. I would just build a new system however that decision is up to you.

I would reseat all connections prior to doing anything. This costs you nothing and you may find you just knocked something loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.