1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Desdemona

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Desdemona, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Desdemona

Desdemona Thread Starter

I have an HP officejet V40 purchased in 2001. I have attempted to print envelopes as I did with my very old hp laserjet, and I get the address and return address in the wrong places. I tried again and now have a paper jam. The diagram to resolve this problem that was shown on my computer does not match my printer. It has only a tiny "door" about 3"x 5" on the top side thru which the paper jam cannot be reached even with needle-nosed pliers. Actually, only about 1/2 inch is showing. I tried to open this "box" from every angle, even turned it upside down to find an opening where I can release the paper jam to no avail. There aren't any screws to open anything, and prying doesn't help. I received this printer/fax/scanner from a good friend when he bought a new computer that didn't fit. I have no manual which I would like to have to prevent this kind of disaster - which it is to me!

2. Desdemona

Desdemona Thread Starter

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

4. 911

Can you contact the friend that gave you this device ? He may have the manuals you need or the experience to help you. ---911

5. Desdemona

Desdemona Thread Starter

I had to go out yesterday afternoon so had to quit my efforts to get the envelope out. The diagram was accurate and very helpful. Thank you. I succeeded in getting half of it, but it tore. I did disconnect the power, and it didn't help. The rollers are so very tight. I can move each one individually, but it hasn't affected the paper.

When I first got the printer I asked about a manual, but my friend didn't have one. However, on one of your messages there is a link where I can download one, but I'll wait until I can print it. Hopefully, that will be very soon.

Is there any additional way to release the death grip of the rollers?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325366

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice