1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Design Layout Advice

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by howard.a.s, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. howard.a.s

howard.a.s Thread Starter

I wonder if anyone might be able to suggest a Bootstrap starter template layout which might help me to speed up the process of creating a page similar to this https://www.nottinghamshirehealthcare.nhs.uk/home and therefore saving me at least a little time over starting entirely from scratch. The design I'm looking to achieve ideally needs to incorporate a slider of similar appearance and functionality to the one in the example page, not quite stretching horizontally to the extremes of the screen, and with similarly sized placers, or cards, positioned in rows directly underneath. Headers and footers again ideally need to appear very similar in layout to the example page. Any help or advice would be very gratefully received.

2. JiminSA

JiminSA

Google's your friend;)
    Take a look at W3chools tut here for the slider ...
    ... and here for a 4-column layout.
    If you Google 'bootstrap templates with sliders examples' - there are plensch examples, mostly just showing sliders, but you can use the second link to build the rest of the page of your prototype.
    As for getting it all to look like your example page, you'll have to crib their css (using web developer tools on your browser) and fit it in to your prototype:)
    ... a word of warning, your example page is not bootstrap:(

3. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    Howard, something like this would be dead easy in Wordpress there are many themes with a similar layout.

4. howard.a.s

howard.a.s Thread Starter

Many thanks for the helpful advice and information. I shall go take a look and post back to let you know how I get on. (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212467

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice