Designing and Developing a website

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

skullmerc

Suppose I wanted to develop a website that includes a specific feature, this feature works as follows. There is a 3D image of a car on the webpage, beneath the image there is options to select the car color, vinyls, wheels, window-tint, etc. When the user plays with the available options the image of the car updates accordingly.

I would like to know:
-Can something like this be implanted in a CMS like WordPress or will the site need to be coded in HTML?
-What are the skills needed to design a website like this besides knowledge of html, javaScript and CSS. I'm still a noob to web development/design, but suppose I want to build this myself from scratch, what steps must be taken, what skills must be learnt. Any advice will be appreciated!

Thanks

colinsp

Colin
Any functionality you like can be put in any website be it Wordpress or anything else. It may just take more effort or a different approach.

I know the functionality that you are talking about having seen it on several vehicle websites. I have never looked to see how they code it. However one way would be to have all the options pre-rendered in a number of 3D image files and then the appropriate image is displayed as the options are selected.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online