Solved Desk lamp made my pc unbootable

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Veronika123

My computer is stuck saying 'stop code: inaccessible boot device' and keeps restarting when I plug in my keyboard. Hers what happened. My PC was ON with a screen. It was plugged into an extension cord along with other inactive things, one of which was a lamp. So I go ahead and turn on the lamp and it explodes. I turned the extension cord OFF and clean up the shards but now my PC wont work. It kept restarting with keyboard. With mouse only, it gave me some autorepair options but neither of them were successful After a while I opened my PC up, cleaned the dust, used sata usb to check both SSD with windows and HDD with other things and everything seams fine. When I started the pc without ssd and Hdd, but the screen and mouse plugged in, it loaded the Boot menu normally. Id like to know what might gave gone wrong and how severe it is :/
Info
it seems to ignore internet cable and USB with windows installation, does not have inbuilt wifi. Graphics card and all other ventilation starts up. Runs some type of windows 10 updated from Windows 7 home premium long ago.

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
Inaccessible boot device could either mean the boot device (SSD/HDD) is either mechanically broken or it has a corrupted boot file.

Veronika123

Inaccessible boot device could either mean the boot device (SSD/HDD) is either mechanically broken or it has a corrupted boot file.
Thanks for the reply. All data is still on it unharmed but i think your right about the corrupted boot file. How do you think I can fix it?

Veronika123

How do you know all the data is fine? Did you check it with a different computer using it as a slave drive?

https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=556
Ok I'm gonna try to repair my ssd's boot system and possibly put the rest to a
repair shop if my keyboard keeps restarting in. I used usb sata adapter to connect it like a usb key to my laptop. To see if everything is still intact. ;-) Thanks for everything and have a nice day!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online