1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

desk top bar moved

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by puter hater, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. puter hater

puter hater Thread Starter

I do not know what the bar is called but it is the bar that is usually at the bottom of the screen. It has the running programs in it and other things. Some how it moved from the bottom of the screen to the left side of my screen going up and down. I need to put it back to the bottom of the screen

puter hater

2. nooter

nooter

Place your cursor on the task bar and left click and hold. Then drag it to the bottom and release the button. You can then right click the task bar and check "Lock the Taskbar"

3. puter hater

Great that worked. Now how do I get it to go skinner. It doesnt drag thinner. It is 1 or 2 inch wide and that is to wide.

puter hater

4. mike5532g

mike5532g

5. nooter

nooter

If you are just wanting to change the size, make sure task bar is unlocked and place your cursor on the top edge until it turns into a double arrow and then click, hold, and drag it down, then relock the task bar.

6. puter hater

It's unlocked but when u go to drag it just disappears. Other wise it drags down out of site. It won't drag thinner. Does XP have a modern look task bar? Did it switch to a different look? I want my old skinny task batr back.

7. mike5532g

mike5532g

Did you try the restore to xp default at the link I provided?

Try disabling the quick launch toolbar.

I should add that this happened to me some time ago, unlocking the taskbar and dragging the quick launch toolbar "wings" around is what made it "skinny" again.

8. puter hater

Im not sure what I did but It went back to what it used to be. Maybe I diabled the quicklaunch. What ever I did it worked.
    Thank you for taking the time.
    ph

9. mike5532g

mike5532g

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330604

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice