1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deskjet printer-Hpfvls 13 Error

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by laurfar, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. laurfar

laurfar Thread Starter

Hi,
    I am getting this error Hpfvls 13 whenever I print something. In the past I was told to disable a two way communication between the printer and something else. Not sure what that was all about. This time I'd like to know what does the error mean and can I repair the problem. When I went to the help website for this HP Deskjet 712, it doesn't say how to fix the problem, or even what it means. It only tells me how to disable some things so that I can continue to print. Then I have to re enable those start up programs after I print. It seems kind of silly to me. This error sign doesn't really hamper me from printing, it just keeps popping up and it's annoying. Does anyone know what's going on with my printer?

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

3. laurfar

laurfar Thread Starter

Hi, just read and printed off the directions for turning off the "spooler settings". Now, the first step is to "click File and Properties in the top-left corner of the window". I can't find out where that is. There is no "file" or "window" when I open the deskjet on my desktop. Where should I look for this "window"?? Can you help me?

4. ~Candy~

How about finding it in the control panel, printers, right clicking and choosing properties?

5. laurfar

laurfar Thread Starter

Yes, did find it through the control pannel. Thanks for that idea. I followed the directions for turning off the spooler, then printed something, and the Error pop up came up again. Should I turn off the two way communication?

6. ~Candy~

I'd pretty much try everything mentioned....including the universal printer driver.

7. laurfar

laurfar Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll start going down the list. I have a really heavy work schedule till Thursday, so won't get this done till then. I'll let you know how it goes. One extra thing..........When I do the ctrl-alt-delete thing, I no long have something called "Rnapp" on there. Can you tell me what I may have turned off in start up that is "Rnapp"? I think in all this process, I may have turned off this one and would like to see it back on there. Thanks

8. ~Candy~

9. LAH

LAH

I realize you posted this quite some time ago. However, I just encountered this problem on my computer - exactly as described. My daughter downloaded and installed Messenger Plus (no sponsor) and my problems began. I uninstalled Messenger Plus and the problem disappeared. It was no fluke as I tried reinstalling Messenger Plus with the same results. I had some difficulty in removing Messenger Plus from the msconfig startup menu. Perhaps I did something wrong when uninstalling. Eventually I edited the Registry to completely remove it. Any way as long as Messenger Plus is not allowed to startup the hpfvls 13 problem does not exist. Hope this proves helpful to you.

10. laurfar

laurfar Thread Starter

Thanks for your thoughts. I don't think I have messenger plus, but I do have MSN messenger. Is that the same thing do you think?

11. LAH

LAH

No, MSN Messenger and Messenger Plus are different. However, they are used together and both are offered for download or links are provided from the same site. My daughter uses MSN Messenger and was begging me to download Messenger Plus which contains some smiles and other enhancements to MSN Messenger. MSN Messenger itself has given me no problems.

The way I narrowed it down to Messenger Plus was to run msconfig and temporarily disable everything in startup. When I did that the printer worked just fine and I got no error messages. Then I added one or two programs at a time, tried printing until I finally got the error message when I allowed Messenger Plus to load. Have you tried disabling the programs in startup and if so, what happened? Perhaps you have a conflict with one of those programs. Just a thought.

Good luck and sorry the thing about Messenger Plus did not pan out for you.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!