1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deskmgmt.dll?!?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by JenCruz, Sep 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JenCruz

JenCruz Thread Starter

Hi --

Can anyone tell me what "deskmgmt.dll" is all about? I also need help with a file called "dialer10.exe" and "tn3270."

I ran them all through google, but found more pages in foreign languages than anything else.

Also, I didn't understand the more complicated aspects of tn3270 and ISDN.

If anyone knows anything about these files, could you possibly tell me if these are standard items found in an IBM with Windows 95?

Thanks,

2. Ratboy

Ratboy

JenCruz,

-deskmgmt.dll is a part of Windows 95 OEM Service Release 2, Windows 98 and Windows 98 SE. I wasn't able to find any information as to what function it serves.

-tn3270: "Telnet 3270: A terminal emulation (running a program on a computer so that the computer acts like a computer terminal) capability for UNIX workstations and TCP/IP-capable PCs that permits them to access an IBM mainframe as a 3270 terminal.

The IBM mainframe requires TCP/IP and telnet support, often in the form of an IBM 3172 interconnect controller (which is a souped-up IBM PS/2 PC). 3270 data from the terminal emulator are encapsulated in telnet TCP/IP packets."

You may be able to find more information at the site below:

http://www.tn3270.com/

-I wasn't able to find anything concerning "dialer10.exe". Searching for "dialer10" brought up numerous references to calling cards and modem confgurations over ISDN.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/54000