Deskstop keeps going into power save mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nito040

EDIT: Okay, power save has nothing to do with it, it's just the monitor. >> Okay after looking it some more. I lose keyboard function only. My mouse is still able. It would seem my PC goes to sleep mode. I don't know why but after I try to wake it, the keyboard loses it's able to function properly. Since I can't type my password to log back in, I have to shutdown.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First off, I know it's not a software problem or user problem. :p I turn off all my power saving options for all my desktops. Don't need to save power if it's plugged into an outlet.

-SYSTEM-
CPU: 3.0ghz Core 2 Duo
RAM: 4gb
GPU: Radeon HD 4000 series
I'm not sure what else I need to put on here.

Anyways, to the problem.
I turned on my computer today only to find it to shut down by the power save mode. My pc will get to the login screen, and my mouse and keyboard will stop functioning. Then a short time after, the login screen will switch to shutting down then my monitor will black out and save power save mode as my PC turns off. Sometimes I will be able to login but only to be forced to shutdown shortly after (in the same fashion as stated above).

This is the first time this have happen to me. The reason why I think it might be a hardware problem is because I turned off my power save options. Maybe something is overheating by all my fans seems to be in working order. My heatsinks are somewhat clean (I seen worse). I can't get to my event viewer to see any there is any errors before it stops my mouse function then shuts down. (I did talk to a friend about building a new desktop, maybe it heard me >> lol)

Any help would be great. Thanks a bunch.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online