1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Desktop alteration,

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dr_dodgeball, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dr_dodgeball

dr_dodgeball Thread Starter

I recently tried to hook my computer up to my television, through my S-video input. In order to view my monitor on the TV screen I have to choose the extend monitors option, through setting tab of the display properties window.

Anyway when I did this last my Wallpaper disappeared and the screen reverted to a black screen. The weird thing is whenever I turnoff my computer or boot it up the the "old" wallpaper appears for a split second and then reverts to the black desktop background. What is the issue here? and how do I solve it?

Although this is a minor problem I am still curious on what has caused it.

Thanks,

2. datamonger

datamonger

What resolution do you run normally? What resolution are you running when displaying on the TV? Have you tried to remove and re-add the wall paper through display properties?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489913

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice