Solved Desktop And Laptop not showing PNY USB 3.0 Flashdrive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CaptainKenney

Hi , im Kenney , im having an issue with my PNY 3.0 flashdrive , on both my laptop and desktop computer it will only show in disc management , however on the other windows 10 computer in my house it works fine. (both my desktop and laptop run windows 10). i have already called and used MS Free Support , but they could not do anything , without moving me to paid support , i cant spare money for that right now so thats out of the option , there best suggestion was to try updating my drivers. all my drivers were up to date (At least on the labtop , i have not checked the desktops. i have tried formating my PNY drive on ubuntu 16 , and on both windows computers , it does not show no matter what file system i give the drive , it only shows up on disc management on both the windows computers i use. yet it still works fine on the other computer i mentioned eariler... Windows troubleshooting can not figure out whats wrong with the drive as well. and just for information sake , MS Free Support already tried messing with the auto play settings , and creating another user profile on the computer , none of which worked. I Really need this flashdrive working , it was around 50$ and its 125 Gigs. ill leave my technical information below. this is my first time on this site , i hope someone here can help me with my issue. (if more tech info is required , i think speccy might give more tech info than tech support guys system info , so let me know if more tech info is needed to help me slove my issue.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Desktop Tech Information
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 16365 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (211 GB Free); F: 1863 GB (187 GB Free);
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., GA-78LMT-USB3
Antivirus: Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Laptop Tech Information
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 61 Stepping 4
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8106 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (521 GB Free);
Motherboard: FF50, 06F2
Antivirus: Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Summary of primary issue
My PNY 3.0 125Gb flashdrive is not working on my 2 main computers ,it is only showing up in disk management. the drive however works fine on the other computer in my house. I Dont think its an issue with the flashdrive , so its most likely an issue with my 2 main computers. I have already ran a check , there is no dead usb ports , nor is it my drivers. Other flashdrives work on my 2 main computers just fine.
(PS - Ms Free Support did not try anything on my desktop , nor have I , i just know its having the same issue. i have only tried all my ways i could of think of fixing this myself on my laptop)

Last edited:

CaptainKenney

Does it have a "drive letter" in Disk Management? If not, can you assign one?
Well........ giving it a new drive letter fixed the issue , i have no clue why MS Free Support did not figure that out...... Thank you so much , it works on both my laptop and desktop show the flashdrive fine now.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online