1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Desktop and Other Issues

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by SoccerDude13, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SoccerDude13

SoccerDude13 Thread Starter

Hey everyone! This is my first post here so go easy on me :p .

So I just started having this problem tonight. I left my computer for a sec and everything was fine; then when I came back, the desktop background had gone dark gray instead of the picture that was up and my icons were more spaced out than normal. On top of that, the writing in my web browser(firefox) and other applications I am using (word) seems a little fuzzy.

Does anyone know what happened?

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Welcome,

Open Device Manager

Press the Windows Logo key + Pause Break key together
    another screen will open..
    click on the Hardware tab
    then Device Manager button

Check down the list for Display Adapters Expand by clicking on the small + sign

See if there are any warning signs beside anything.

3. SoccerDude13

There doesnt appear to be anything wrong with the display adapters, however, the icon for 'other devices' is a yellow question mark, and there is another one under it for 'biometric coprocessor' but this one has a little yellow sign with an exclamation point on it. Is that what I'm looking for and what does that mean? Will this solve my problem?

4. SoccerDude13

Another characteristic of the problem, and this relates to the condition of the desktop icons as well, everythign seems to be stretched out. Pictures dont look normal, the desktop background that was there doesnt sit like it used to. Please help!!!! :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539261

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice