1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Desktop appears as solid colour; should be image.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ian80, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ian80

ian80 Thread Starter

Hi,

This just happened a few hours ago. My desktop background is displaying the default XP grey colour. However, I have my background set to an image.

The image is there. When I load it up, it flashes on the desktop, but then the colour returns - almost as if the picture is hiding underneath the solid colour.

I have tried restarting my computer. Doesn't work.

And yes, the image is still on my computer. I've tried many other pictures as test, even the windows default ones, and the same thing happens - just get solid colour.

Any ideas?

2. LooneyTunes

LooneyTunes

Hi

Not sure if this will be the cause, but try right clicking on desktop, select properties.
    Click on the desktop tab then customise desktop.
    Click on the 'general' tab andwhere it has 'My Current Home Page' with a tick box next to it, click it - so that if it's ticked you untick it and if it isn't ticked you tick it.

A long shot but worth a try..

3. ian80

ian80 Thread Starter

Thanks! Wasn't it, but it lead me to my problem. I had another page listed there and it was selected. I deleted it and my destop image is back.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!