1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Desktop build on newegg

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by delafoo, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. delafoo

delafoo Thread Starter

I'm looking to build my first pc, all components from newegg. I have a mouse, need the full computer,, monitor, keyboard.

Will be used for gaming, school,, surfing,, music, mostly gaming.

budget 1.7 - 2,000. Not including shipping.

will get all parts from newegg.

Let me know what you can put together!

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Why should we "put together" anything? That's your job.

3. delafoo

delafoo Thread Starter

Cool, thanks Moderator! Awesome help, I can see why you're a moderator.

Oh wait...

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

You can't come here expecting people to wait on you. We are here to help people, not do their work for them. Show a little initiative yourself.

5. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Elvandil is right, you need to show some initiative, go to Newegg, select parts that you think will work, then post the list with links. Experienced people (such as Elvandil for example) will go from there and make recommended changes trying to stay within your budget.
    Also a dig at anybody such as you made is not the way to elicite serious help.

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

I'm going to let that one pass, but my patience is not infinite. :D He's on thin ice.

7. delafoo

delafoo Thread Starter

Indeed. One can surely not surmise that "my first pc build" implies one does need help in the first place. That is simply too obvious and apparently does need spelled out. Had someone the skill to put together a build, they likely would not need to post it and ask for help, but alas, that is too complicated an implication.

8. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    The ice appears to be very thin.

You do not specify the type of gaming you intend. This will decide the level of specs recommended. Your upper budget of $2000 does not need to be reached to build even a high end gamer (but it can be). You need to think about a platform. AMD or Intel. AMD will give you more for your money. Intel will give you more at a higher price.

9. Elvandil

Elvandil

He's gone on vacation, dustyjay. I really did not appreciate that last comment.

I'm going to close this one.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028346

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice