1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Desktop Dead.

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Nocontact, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nocontact

Nocontact Thread Starter

For some reason every so often my desktop icons stop responding. (Win 98SE). I try to click on the icons but nothing happens. Everything else seems ok but this is of course very irritating.
    I know that rebooting will fix it and sometimes over time if I don't reboot it'll fix itself but I wish I knew why this was happening and didn't have to depend on rebooting to fix all my problems.
    By the way virus and spyware scans are clean.
    Help? Any ideas?

2. Matrikx_

Matrikx_

How much memory do you have? sounds like your sys is running slow. How much System Resources do you have free. You may need to free up some system resources

3. Nocontact

Nocontact Thread Starter

256 MB of DDR. I figured that would be enough, and at the time I wasn't running anything to intensive. Doesn't make sense to me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115972

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice