Desktop Folder and Monitor Screen Conflict

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cpwcpw

When I "Save As" a file (eg, JPG, .doc) to the Desktop, the file is saved in the folder Doc&Settings>Chris>Desktop. It does NOT appear on the monitor screen. How can I get "Save as... to Desktop" to put the file on the screen? If I try to drag the file from the folder to the monitor screen, I get the message "Cannot move file, source and destination file names are the same". "[XP/SP2]

cpwcpw

Blink...you're brilliant, a lot of very competent people were unable to propose an answer. I changed the screen resolution (17"LCD) from 1024x768 to 1280x720...now they're there! It must have something to do with how many icons+shortcuts+folders you can have on the screen...I have 30 (but about 25% of the screen area is still empty), which must be too many.

Blink182

Banned
Yes you are correct. Microsoft has confirmed that that is a problem in Microsoft Windows.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online