1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Desktop HP t3545.uk with distored sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pally, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pally

Pally Thread Starter

Greetings, i digged out an old HP t3545.uk desktop computer, install fresh version of windows XP SP3 on it, and i cant figure out its sound problem. It also has ATI card in it.

The thing is that by default in bios on board audio is set to auto, and once you boot up into windows, there is no Realtek HD audio device in manage screen as if it does not exist at all.

So i changed the bios setting to onboard audio device enabled, and i appeared in the system. Ive installed latest audio driver from Realtek, i got sound but its heavely distorted. I tried to install audio driver provided by HP, but its extremely outdated and cant be installed to SP3.

Ive tried everything, reainstalling drivers, disabling ati HDMI audio, switching bios parameters to auto, enabled, disabled, nothing helps.

Does this mean that this PC actually has a dead built in audio, or is there something im missing?

Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1036089

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice